I just got back from Hong Kong and I’m still working on the pictures (of Europe/Mauritius/KL/HK… oh dear), so before I go on and post anything travel-related, here’s a light-hearted one!
“I am many things, my dear. But I hope always a surprise.”
1) My name is Nur Atikah Amalina binte *insert dad’s name* and I used to always get teased about how my future husband will pronounce my name during the akad. It got me to think, “well, too bad. My husband better know how to up his game.” HAHA.
2) I have 2 younger brothers whom I affectionately call my bozos. I’d do anything for them. ANYTHING. They are my strength.
3) I have a huge birthmark on my left cheek. My dad said it was useful if I ever got lost as a kid. Hurhur. My dad’s sense of humour – WIN.
4) I was born 2 months premature and spent the first month in hospital. I secretly believe that was where I got my fighting spirit.
5) My parents went backpacking in North Msia when my mum was 6-7mths pregnant with me. Yup, I was backpacking even before I was born. Nobody can argue with me on that.
6) My love languages are physical touch and quality time. I love giving hugs and backrubs – and I give damn good ones.
7) One of my favourite date ideas involves a cosy cafe, good coffee and cake, and long thoughtful conversations, with both our phones hidden away.
8) I dont believe in the idea of a one true love.
9) I used to be put down because of my stubborn and headstrong nature while growing up and in my teenage years. I make no apologies for striving to be a strong & independent woman.
10) I dont believe in lowering my standards.
12) I’m an English & Literature teacher but i have a deep passion for the Malay Language. I took Malay Literature at ‘O’ Levels, Malay Lg & Literature at ‘A’ Levels and was active in many Malay language-related events/organisations.
13) I love backpacking & staying in backpacker hostels because it’s value for money and because I get to meet so many awesome (& beautifully weird) people from all over the world, and actually connect with them over long random conversations.
14) I’m a mix of Yemeni, Malay, Thai, Bugis and whatever else. It doesn’t matter to me. I’m human, and a citizen of the world.
15) My first stay in a backpackers hostel was in Edinburgh. My room was below street level and I saw a group of men dressed as Batman. Must be a thing. 1
6) My parents insist I wear lipstick to brighten up my face. So I went #teamredlips . Go big or go home darling.
17) I think I’m funny but my best friend constantly disagrees. Pfft.
18) I have a soft spot for people who strive to always make the best of their situation and be the better person. You go, honey!
19) I love dresses and skirts, and everything feminine, but I’d take hiking, camping and scubadiving over long and boring shopping & sightseeing trips anytime.
20) ‘TheTudungTraveller’ was actually coined by my father, over a family dinner of chicken chop and fish and chips. Om nom nom.
Was tagged a while back on Instagram, and I thought, why not have it here for keepsake? 😀
Lots of love,