Pretty cool stuff! 🙂
1. Bishan was built on a former cemetry, the Kwong Wai Siu Pek San Teng
2. We have a country-side, it’s called Kranji.no, really.
3. There are still kelongs in Singapore.
Random point, why not give kelongs a new lease of life by having dining establishments on the kelong? Kelong dinner date anyone?
Image from Kelong Singapore
4. The Singapore mainland actually has 63 other smaller islands surrounding it that belong to Singapore.
5. We used to own an island behind Indonesia, called Christmas Island. But it was sold to Australia in 1957.
Now its a hidden paradise masquerading as a detention centre.
6. Did you know that districts could move? Neither did I 😉 (hint, it’s not the political one)
View original post 160 more words