I was looking for something to bake for my dearest Baitur Rizq sisters and coincidentally, I remembered I had leftover Nutella spread from my time in hall.
You can never go wrong with Nutella.
It was a no brainer then what I chose to bake.
Nutella Bread Pudding
(recipe adapted from http://www.inspiredtaste.net/8359/nutella-bread-pudding-recipe/)
- 3 croissants (preferably 1-2 days old)
- 3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream I used milk instead. 🙂
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice each croissant in half lengthwise then slather one side with Nutella. Put the halves back together to make sandwiches and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Add sandwich pieces and pecans to a small baking dish (suggested: 10-inch x 5-inch loaf pan).
- To make the custard, add eggs, cream, vanilla extract, salt and sugar to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour the custard over the sandwich pieces then gently push down the bread so the custard starts to absorb.
- I left the mixture aside for 5-10 minutes to let the bread absorb the custard while I start cleaning up the dishes! 🙂
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes then remove the foil and continue to bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until the bread pudding is golden brown, has risen slightly and the liquid has bee completely absorbed.
I was intrigued with the concept of using croissants instead of normal white bread for the pudding so I immediately decided to try it out!
It came out absolutely divine! ❤
Have a go at it! (: